Dependable Construction’s goal is to secure your first line of defense when it comes to the elements. Water, in whatever form, (rain, snow, sleet, ice or hail), has a way of penetrating any weaknesses in a roofing system. It’s our goal to not only ensure that every roof installation we do will stand up to the wear and tear the weather here in Ohio brings year after year, but to also assist when water intrusions occur on roofs other companies have installed.
While many roofs leaks are simple to repair, determining the source of the leak is often the more difficult task. When customers identify a drip in their ceiling, they often assume that the leak is originating above the leakage point, however, a leak can be traveling down a rafter or can even be the accumulation of condensation. For example, it is common for plumbing, condensation, or AC leaks to be misdiagnosed as roof leaks. They can be tricky.
Roof leaks can be caused by any number of things. Once you familiarize yourself with the potential causes of leaks, you may be able to determine the source through process of elimination. If not, you can always contact Dependable Construction for assistance. Here is a list of the top 10 main sources of roof leaks:
- Missing, cracked or loose shingles, tiles or seams
- Damaged or deteriorated flashing, seals and caulking
- Improper attic ventilation, which can cause moisture through a buildup of condensation
- Improper installation of valleys, flashing, shingles, collars, etc.
- Ice Dams, which prevent proper run off and force water to back up beneath shingles
- Ponding water
- Exposed nail heads
- Skylight flashing’s
- Wind driven rain
- Built up debris, which can trap moisture and accelerate deterioration
For more help Call Dependable Construction & Remodeling today at (937) 318.9572 to learn more about their roofing services. You can also visit us on Facebook to keep up with the latest jobs we are working on, be sure to like the page.